Saturday 24 May 2014

Lots of Learning

The internet has a plethora of information.

I keep finding more and more useful information and it always leads to even more.  My goal for this project was to learn about everything I'd need to know to open up an Etsy shop before I opened one and I have learned so much helpful information and tips but there's still so much more out there.  I've read so many articles on people who continue to learn and improve their shop even years after opening it.  I'll definitely keep learning for as long as I have a shop.

Here is some of the information and advice that I have found:

-If you want to have a successful business you have to treat it like a business and not like a hobby.

-Price your items properly, a cheap price will make your product seem cheap too, it won't make more people buy it.

-Make goals for your business, but remember to be realistic.  Think about and write down long term goals, short term goals and the steps required to complete them.

-Always continue to improve your shop and your items and be open to change if you want your shop to continue to grow.

-Be patient.  You won't start making money overnight, it takes lots of time and effort.

I am so thankful for the internet and everyone who has taken their time to write about what has or hasn't worked for their Etsy shop.  I would have been extremely overwhelmed to open up my own shop if I hadn't read tons of articles and posts on tips and advice from everything from promoting your shop to taking good pictures to running your own business to a bunch of little details I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.  I guess the real test will be when I finally do open my shop though!

They information I posted about today I found on xosarah and the Etsy blog (this post and this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment