Wednesday 11 June 2014

Coming to an End, Yet Just the Beginning

This class is coming to an end, yet it is just the beginning of something that I will continue for a long time.  I have really enjoyed learning about opening an Etsy shop!  I have learned so much information that will help me as I open my shop and for years to come as continue to operate, develop, and improve it.  So much of what I learned, I didn't even realize I needed to learn and might not of if it hadn't been for this class and all the time I spent researching and reading and asking my mentor questions.  I am excited to continue to learn new things through reading, experience, and meeting new people.

June has been busier than I ever could have imagined so I have decided to delay opening my shop until after I graduate.  I was really looking forward to doing it before I presented but I don't feel like I can put the time into making it what I want it to be, now.  In order to make it to the best of my ability I need to wait until I can spend the time needed on it.

As I said before, I really enjoyed this project and I am grateful for the chance to do this.  I stayed motivated and interested throughout the whole semester which is great since my project doesn't end here.  It also allowed me to learn so much.  Some days I would go home and research and read for hours.  I didn't complete everything that I wanted to, like the number of clutches I wanted to have sewn or taking pictures of all of the ones that I have but I am proud of what I did accomplish and know that I will still complete those, just not before the end of the school year.  Even though I didn't complete all of my goals, this project has been a huge success and I am prepared and excited to open my shop!

One obstacle that I faced was being motivated to sew.  I love sewing but when I have to sew and it's the same thing over and over again, sometimes it's hard to want to do it.  That's when sewing something else can be helpful.  Another obstacle was time, especially near the end of the year during this busy season of my life. I also know that I will face many more obstacles as I continue on this journey but that I have lots of resources to help me through them.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.    -Colossians 3:23

This verse has been a theme throughout this project.  God has given me this gift and passion and I want to use it for him!  The through-lines that apply and connect with my project are beauty-creating and image-reflecting, which I think can be very connected with each other.  Genesis 1 talks a lot about God creating and everything he created.  When we create we reflect that quality of God, especially when we create something beautiful.  We also praise God and worship him when we create.

No comments:

Post a Comment