Sunday 9 March 2014

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!  In case you don't know, my name is Emily.  I love reading, sewing, and spending time with my family and friends.  In Bible class at school we are doing something called a passion project, which means we get to work on something we are passionate about every Monday for the rest of the year!  For my passion project I have decided to open up my own Etsy shop!  For the past few years I have had a table at a local Farmer's Market where I have sold some of my sewing.  An Etsy shop would allow me to reach a wider audience and be able to sell my items all year long.  I think it would be great if I could make some money doing something that I love to do and will be doing anyway

 Before I do that though, I will need to learn about Etsy's policies, how I will ship my items and how much it will cost, how I will promote my shop, how I should price my items, how to take good pictures of my items, among other things.  Since I have never done something like this before, I hope that none of these things will be too big a challenge.  Thankfully I have a mentor who will be able to help me because she has an Etsy shop herself!

This is something that I've wanted to do for a while so I'm looking forward to working on this project!  I hope to be really well prepared by the time I plan to open up my shop!  This blog will be where I post my progress and what I learn.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I know I've said this before, but I'm really excited by your project, Emily. Clearly it meets the assignment criteria, but I love that it is so personal and will reach beyond the semester. Thanks to your brainstorming it is a school project with tremendous relevance for you and a valuable service for a worldwide audience--very cool!

    ReplyDelete