Saturday 22 March 2014

Live Love Sew

And he(Christ) died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.  -2 Corinthians 5:15

We live by faith, not by sight.  -2 Corinthians 5:7

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.  As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.  -2 John 1:6

Do everything in love.  -1 Corinthians 16:14

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. 
-Colossians 3:23


Why Live Love Sew?
It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to name my Etsy shop once I could open one.  My mom and I each brainstormed but we couldn't think of something that I really liked.  Finally, she came up with Live Love Sew.  I wanted people to be able to tell what I was selling by the name but I didn't want it to be too cheesy or common so this was perfect!

So what am I selling?

Bow clutches!  I got the tutorial from the blog Elm Street Life.   It used to have a FAQ page where in the answer to one of the questions Whitney gave permission for people to sell bow clutches made from her tutorial in small quantities, but that page seems to have been removed.  I might sell something else in my shop too but I haven't decided yet.

I love these clutches! They are fun to make and super cute.  Each and every one has a different coordinating fabric with a fun print inside!  They're the perfect size to carry your essentials and can be used for a casual day or a formal dinner.  I made one for my mom in summer and she uses hers everyday.  I would have made one for myself as well but I can't pick a colour.

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, that's something that I'm going to try and fix by the end of this.  The colours are a little different that in real life.


2 comments:

  1. I think you nailed it with the name Live Love Sew! It incorporates your love of God and others (like your Bible verses say) and your enjoyment of sewing.
    The clutches are really nice- you'll have no problem selling them when you open your shop. I understand your dilemma of picking a colour for your own clutch, we are the same in our indecisiveness :P

    I'm looking forward to seeing what else you will sell in your Etsy shop. Good luck with your research!

    ReplyDelete